The Brief: To design a logo for a self employed house / pet sitter featuring a heart.
The Design Process:
* Sketches of a heart shape were drawn and a final shape was decided upon.
* Upon brainstorming further the idea of a window reflection / shine in the heart came about. This helped to give a subtle hint to the nature of the business whilst leaving margin for the client to be able to expand her business in the future and keep the same visual identity.
* The heart was re-created on-screen with the pen tool and fine tuned.
* Several fonts were selected and whittled down. A serif typeface was chosen as well as a script font to serve as a decorative break between.
* After deciding the logo needed more impact, a black box was introduced to compliment the red. The text was re-arranged and mounted to fit the box. A snip was taken out of the box in the bottom right hand corner to give slight reference to a house roof whilst breaking the monotonous square shape.
* The heart shape was mounted at top left with an enlarged outline version of the heart subtracted from the black box to create a keyline for clean seperation.
View more logos on our Youtube Channel.